What is the Parent Council and what we do?
The Parent Council meets 5 times a year and all parent and guardians are welcome to attend these meetings either in person or via a teams link. Our aims are:
– to support the school’s vision to be: Together, Engaged, Achieving and Motivated
-to work with the school in it’s values of Respect, Integrity, Safety and Equity
– to represent the views of all parents
– to encourage links between the school, parents, pupils and the wider community
– to report back to all the parents in the school
– to play a role in the appointment of the Headteacher and Senior Management Team
– to support the school and pupils during school inspections.
Who are the Parent Council?
All parents/carers are welcome to attend meetings and join in events and you are under no obligation if you come along. We would love to see you!
The Parent Council has members and office bearers (Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer).
We want to encourage as broad a base of parents/carers as possible to be involved in the Parent Council, so we can do the best job we can at representing all views, supporting the school and being a good link in the community. The Head Teacher attends the Parent Council meetings and gives us informative updates. We also have updates from the head prefects. There is a sub committee for fundraising that any interested parents/carers are welcome to be part of too.
Please email if you’d like to know more or if you’d like to be on the parent council mailing list to hear about upcoming events: email@example.com
How to join the Parent Council?
All parents/carers are welcome to be part of the Parent Council. This could look like:
– emailing in with views, ideas and concerns firstname.lastname@example.org
– attending some or all of the hybrid meetings or reading the minutes.
– asking to become a member, this entails having a more active role by committing to regular attendance and being consulted on decisions
– or you could consider, in time, becoming an office bearer (Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer) as these roles change every few years.
You can access the Perth Academy Parent Council Constitution 2023-2024
Please see meeting minutes below.
PA Parent Council minutes 13.09.23
Parent Council minutes 15.03.23
Work of the Parent Council June 2022- April 2023
Murray Place PerthPH1 1NJ
+44 (0) 1738 458000